Thursday, May 12, 2011

RANT

I work in a clothing store, and although I'm really thankful that I have a job, I just feel stuck. I don't really want to support selling clothes that people get paid crap for making. I want to find a job where I can just help families in practical ways that are in a time of struggle.
It really blows that you need a degree to do anything of this sort and get paid for it. And it really blows that when you get a piece of paper, it shows that for some reason, you deserve to make more money the rest who haven't earned this. I get that people invested their time and money into educating themselves about the feild they are interested in, but that doesn't mean they are "better" at their job than those who haven't.
Then again, how do you even give a defintion for "better".

Huh... now I'm ranting.

2 comments:

  1. I think it depends on the Job personally. There are some jobs out there that education DOES make them better what they do then someone who has not been educated in the field. However I do not think that people should be paid more simply because they have an education, I think pay should be based on the quality of work the employees provide.

    As for your clothes Dilemma. What are you going to do about the clothes you are probably wearing right now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry. Ranting is a very pleasurable pastime. We, as bloggers, all do it one time or the other.

    ReplyDelete